Six Indians killed in Riyadh fire mishap
Thiruvananthapuram: Six Indians were among
seven persons killed in a fire in the Saudi Arabian capital
Five of the victims were from Kerala.
The other Indian victim in the fire, which broke out in
the second floor of a building at Al Bathha area of Riyadh,
hailed from Karnataka, Minister of State for External Affairs
E Ahamed said here.
The Indian Embassy in Riyadh has been instructed to make
arrangements for bringing home the bodies of the six Indians,
"Our embassy in Riyadh has been asked to make arrangements
for flying home the bodies of the victims at the expenses of
the Indian government," Ahamed said.
Expressing sorrow over the loss of human lives in the
accident, he said the Saudi government would be ordering a
thorough inquiry to ascertain the cause of the fire.
A large number of Indian workers, especially Keralites,
stay in the building.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused' bail plea
- German minister rejects blanket suspicion of refugees after attacks
- Don't derail ties with India with controversial statements on Kashmir, Pak daily urges Islamabad
- Congress member wants PM's response to Hafiz's war rants, chinese interference
- Shocking! Here priest slept with more than 100 girls and mothers allowed it – Know why