Six killed in bus-lorry collision
Hyderabad: Six persons, including four women, were killed and nine others got injured when a private bus in which they were travelling rammed into a stationary lorry in Prakasam district of Andhra Pradesh on Monday, police said.
The incident occurred at around 4.40 AM near Gobbur village when the speeding Kadapa-bound bus from Hyderabad hit the lorry from the rear side resulting in the death of six passengers, they said.
Markapuram Municipal Commissioner Ravindra Reddy is among the deceased, a senior police officer said from Prakasam
Police have registered a case in this regard, he said, adding the injured were admitted to a nearby hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional