Six killed in bus-lorry collision
Hyderabad: Six persons, including four women, were killed and nine others got injured when a private bus in which they were travelling rammed into a stationary lorry in Prakasam district of Andhra Pradesh on Monday, police said.
The incident occurred at around 4.40 AM near Gobbur village when the speeding Kadapa-bound bus from Hyderabad hit the lorry from the rear side resulting in the death of six passengers, they said.
Markapuram Municipal Commissioner Ravindra Reddy is among the deceased, a senior police officer said from Prakasam
Police have registered a case in this regard, he said, adding the injured were admitted to a nearby hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'