Six trains cancelled due to thick fog
New Delhi: Thick fog over parts of North India continued to disrupt train movement to and from the city on Monday causing inconvenience to passengers as railways cancelled six trains and rescheduled the departure timings of close to 50 trains.
According to a Northern Railway spokesperson, over 80 trains, including the Rajdhani and the Shatabdi express, arrived in the city several hours behind schedule.
Due to the late arrival of the incoming trains, over 50 trains were rescheduled from here, with the Rajdhanis` bound for the Eastern states scheduled to leave from here late tonight, five to six hours behind schedule.
The disruption led to the cancellation of six trains, which included the New Delhi-Patna Jansadharan express, Gaya-bound Mahabodhi express in both the directions and Delhi Jn Chandigarh express.
Most of the affected trains were on the routes of eastern states like Bihar, West Bengal, Odisha and Assam.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference