Six trains cancelled due to thick fog
New Delhi: Thick fog over parts of North India continued to disrupt train movement to and from the city on Monday causing inconvenience to passengers as railways cancelled six trains and rescheduled the departure timings of close to 50 trains.
According to a Northern Railway spokesperson, over 80 trains, including the Rajdhani and the Shatabdi express, arrived in the city several hours behind schedule.
Due to the late arrival of the incoming trains, over 50 trains were rescheduled from here, with the Rajdhanis` bound for the Eastern states scheduled to leave from here late tonight, five to six hours behind schedule.
The disruption led to the cancellation of six trains, which included the New Delhi-Patna Jansadharan express, Gaya-bound Mahabodhi express in both the directions and Delhi Jn Chandigarh express.
Most of the affected trains were on the routes of eastern states like Bihar, West Bengal, Odisha and Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news