Six trains cancelled due to thick fog
New Delhi: Thick fog over parts of North India continued to disrupt train movement to and from the city on Monday causing inconvenience to passengers as railways cancelled six trains and rescheduled the departure timings of close to 50 trains.
According to a Northern Railway spokesperson, over 80 trains, including the Rajdhani and the Shatabdi express, arrived in the city several hours behind schedule.
Due to the late arrival of the incoming trains, over 50 trains were rescheduled from here, with the Rajdhanis` bound for the Eastern states scheduled to leave from here late tonight, five to six hours behind schedule.
The disruption led to the cancellation of six trains, which included the New Delhi-Patna Jansadharan express, Gaya-bound Mahabodhi express in both the directions and Delhi Jn Chandigarh express.
Most of the affected trains were on the routes of eastern states like Bihar, West Bengal, Odisha and Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad