Six-year old`s noble act moves President
New Delhi: The imposing halls of Rashtrapati
Bhavan on Wednesday seemed too small to match the noble deeds of
six-year old Sarjana who presented a cheque of Rs 205, earned all
by herself by singing in trains, to President Pratibha Patil
for the country`s relief fund.
Last year`s cyclone `Aila` had devastated many villages
in West Bengal, one of which was that of Sarjana. The
destruction moved her so much that she decided to earn and
contribute towards humanitarian causes in her own little way.
With no other available avenue to generate funds, she decided
to exploit her passion - singing and dancing.
The little girl started singing compositions of her
mother in trains running between Basirhat and
Hridayapur stations and collected alms for `Alia` victims.
She donated the money earned from singing to the West
Bengal Governor as her contribution to relief efforts.
The arduous efforts of this young girl were enough to
move President Pratibha Patil who invited Sarjana to meet her
During the meeting she presented a cheque of Rs 205 to
Patil, which she got through an interview with the All India
Radio, Kolkata, for the Prime Minister`s Relief Fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!