Sixth UGC pay-scales for varsity teachers in Bihar
Patna: Bihar government today agreed to
implement the UGC pay-scale with effect from January 1, 2006
for university and college teachers to mollify them.
They had threatened to go an indefinite strike from
July 8 to press for the implementation of their 21-point
charter of demands including payment of revised UGC pay-scale.
"The salary backlog of university and college teachers
would be paid in five instalments," principal secretary
cabinet and coordination department Afzal Amanullah told
reporters after the cabinet meeting.
Amanullah said the non-teaching employees of
universities and colleges too would get the benefits of
revised sixth pay commission.
The state government also decided to hike the salaries
and other benefits of the employees of state judicial services
in accordance with the recommendations of Justice Padmanabhan
committee, he said .
He said while 40 per cent of their salary dues would
be deposited in GPF fund the rest would be paid to them in
The government would take a decision regarding other
benefits accruing to judicial staff in the next cabinet
meeting, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- WATCH: Lionel Messi crying after Argentina's 2-4 loss against Chile in Copa America final
- Hillary Clinton takes a dig at Donald Trump over Brexit
- India's relaxation of foreign investment rules credit positive: Moody's
- Orphaned Goodfellow's tree kangaroo raised through cross-fostering all set to be sent to Singapore!
- Shock waves across Chennai as another person hacked to death in Nandanam area