Sixth UGC pay-scales for varsity teachers in Bihar
Patna: Bihar government today agreed to
implement the UGC pay-scale with effect from January 1, 2006
for university and college teachers to mollify them.
They had threatened to go an indefinite strike from
July 8 to press for the implementation of their 21-point
charter of demands including payment of revised UGC pay-scale.
"The salary backlog of university and college teachers
would be paid in five instalments," principal secretary
cabinet and coordination department Afzal Amanullah told
reporters after the cabinet meeting.
Amanullah said the non-teaching employees of
universities and colleges too would get the benefits of
revised sixth pay commission.
The state government also decided to hike the salaries
and other benefits of the employees of state judicial services
in accordance with the recommendations of Justice Padmanabhan
committee, he said .
He said while 40 per cent of their salary dues would
be deposited in GPF fund the rest would be paid to them in
The government would take a decision regarding other
benefits accruing to judicial staff in the next cabinet
meeting, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof