Sixth UGC pay-scales for varsity teachers in Bihar
Patna: Bihar government today agreed to
implement the UGC pay-scale with effect from January 1, 2006
for university and college teachers to mollify them.
They had threatened to go an indefinite strike from
July 8 to press for the implementation of their 21-point
charter of demands including payment of revised UGC pay-scale.
"The salary backlog of university and college teachers
would be paid in five instalments," principal secretary
cabinet and coordination department Afzal Amanullah told
reporters after the cabinet meeting.
Amanullah said the non-teaching employees of
universities and colleges too would get the benefits of
revised sixth pay commission.
The state government also decided to hike the salaries
and other benefits of the employees of state judicial services
in accordance with the recommendations of Justice Padmanabhan
committee, he said .
He said while 40 per cent of their salary dues would
be deposited in GPF fund the rest would be paid to them in
The government would take a decision regarding other
benefits accruing to judicial staff in the next cabinet
meeting, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?