Sixty six pound cake cut on Lalu`s 66th birthday
Patna: RJD leaders and workers on Tuesday celebrated the 66th birthday of party president Lalu Prasad here and took a pledge to defeat communal forces in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
A 66-pound special cake with a lantern (RJD symbol) designed on it was cut at the party office by the Leader of the Opposition in state assembly Abdul Bari Siddiqui among others.
Prasad`s eldest daughter Misa Bharti was also present on the occasion.
The RJD chief is in Delhi and could not attend the celebration.
RJD spokesman Randhir Yadav said that party leaders and workers took a pledge on the occasion to defeat communal forces in the parliamentary elections in 2014 under the leadership of Prasad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed