Slain militant Jindal didn`t teach Hindi: Kasab
Mumbai: Ajmal Kasab, the lone terrorist
arrested in the 26/11 terror strike, has said that Abu Jindal,
the LeT `commander` killed in an encounter in Jammu and
Kashmir recently, was not involved in the Mumbai attack, a
senior police officer said here on Friday.
Pakistani gunman Kasab replied in the negative when
photographs of Jindal were shown to him and asked if he was
the same person who taught him Hindi, the officer said.
"We have shown him (Kasab) Jindal`s photographs provided
by JK police. Kasab nodded in the negative when asked if the
person in the photo was the same who taught them (he and his
associates) Hindi," the senior police official told a news agency.
Jindal, whose real name is Mohammad Owais, was killed in
an encounter with 61 Rastriya Rifles and Police in Bathoi area
in JK`s Reasi district on September 4. Jindal is his
code-name, but he has also got names like Zaman and Noman.
Kasab, facing trial in the Mumbai attack case, had told a
special court in June that an Indian named Jindal had taught
him and the nine other terrorists to speak Hindi at an LeT
training camp in Pakistan.
He had also told the court that Jindal had seen them off
when they left Karachi via sea route for Mumbai to carry out
However, even after Kasab`s negative reply, the crime
branch of Mumbai police has not stopped its probe to ascertain
Jindal`s role in the attacks.
A crime branch team has gone to Jammu and Kashmir to
verify and examine the evidences against Jindal gathered by
its counterpart there, the police officer said.
"The verification is still on as we can not completely
believe whatever Kasab says... earlier also he (Kasab) had
tried to confuse and misguide the investigating officers. Many
a times, he shifted blame on his co-accused despite his role
in several acts during the Mumbai terror attacks," the officer
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them