Slavery charges a matter of law enforcement: US
Washington: The charges of misconduct and
sexual harassment against Indian Consul General in New York
Prabhu Dayal are a law enforcement matter, the US State
Department has said.
"It`s a law enforcement matter, as you know," State
Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters at her
daily news conference when asked about the charges against
In a case filed in a New York court, Santosh Bhardwaj,
who worked as a maid for Dayal, claiming unspecified damages
and alleged that her former employer treated her like a slave.
The allegations have been denied by Dayal.
The Ministry of External Affairs in a statement said
Dayal had "impeccable personal and professional integrity" and
the charges against him "appear to be motivated and baseless".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah