Slavery charges a matter of law enforcement: US
Washington: The charges of misconduct and
sexual harassment against Indian Consul General in New York
Prabhu Dayal are a law enforcement matter, the US State
Department has said.
"It`s a law enforcement matter, as you know," State
Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters at her
daily news conference when asked about the charges against
In a case filed in a New York court, Santosh Bhardwaj,
who worked as a maid for Dayal, claiming unspecified damages
and alleged that her former employer treated her like a slave.
The allegations have been denied by Dayal.
The Ministry of External Affairs in a statement said
Dayal had "impeccable personal and professional integrity" and
the charges against him "appear to be motivated and baseless".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!