Slavery charges a matter of law enforcement: US
Washington: The charges of misconduct and
sexual harassment against Indian Consul General in New York
Prabhu Dayal are a law enforcement matter, the US State
Department has said.
"It`s a law enforcement matter, as you know," State
Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters at her
daily news conference when asked about the charges against
In a case filed in a New York court, Santosh Bhardwaj,
who worked as a maid for Dayal, claiming unspecified damages
and alleged that her former employer treated her like a slave.
The allegations have been denied by Dayal.
The Ministry of External Affairs in a statement said
Dayal had "impeccable personal and professional integrity" and
the charges against him "appear to be motivated and baseless".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown