Slavery charges a matter of law enforcement: US
Washington: The charges of misconduct and
sexual harassment against Indian Consul General in New York
Prabhu Dayal are a law enforcement matter, the US State
Department has said.
"It`s a law enforcement matter, as you know," State
Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters at her
daily news conference when asked about the charges against
In a case filed in a New York court, Santosh Bhardwaj,
who worked as a maid for Dayal, claiming unspecified damages
and alleged that her former employer treated her like a slave.
The allegations have been denied by Dayal.
The Ministry of External Affairs in a statement said
Dayal had "impeccable personal and professional integrity" and
the charges against him "appear to be motivated and baseless".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!