Slip of tongue by Dy Chairman gives jitters to UPA
New Delhi: A slip of tongue by Deputy
Chairman K Rahman Khan gave jitters to UPA in the Rajya Sabha
when he was about to declare that the amendments on NCTC
reference in the Motion of Thanks to President`s Address moved
by the opposition had been passed.
As the four amendments on NCTC were put to voice vote,
Khan had a slip of tongue and said, "I think the Ayes have it,
the Ayes have it..." sending members in the opposition into
peals of laughter.
Realising the gaffe, Khan immediately corrected himself,
saying "I have not said it...I think the Noes have it, the
Noes have it".
There were some lighter moments later too when S S
Ahluwalia (BJP) told the Chair that all Lok Sabha members
should go out of the House, as they were not members of this
The Chair, however, said that they are ministers and hence
there is no need for them to go out of the House even during
BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu then pointed out at Minister of
State for PMO V Narayanasamy, who was chatting with members of
DMK and some other parties, as the process of voting on
"Narayanasamy is campaigning....he is going from seat to
seat," he told the Chair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Say Whaaat! Winners of Sunny Leone, Rannvijay Singha's 'Splitsvilla 9' already decided?
- Google-backed transpacific submarine cable between US and Japan goes live today!
- WOAH! Gautam Gambhir absolutely destroys Ravi Shastri - Here are his scathing comments
- Unsure if monetary policy panel to set rates in August: Raghuram Rajan
- German Bakery blast: Maha Govt. challenges Bombay HC order in SC