Slip of tongue by Dy Chairman gives jitters to UPA
New Delhi: A slip of tongue by Deputy
Chairman K Rahman Khan gave jitters to UPA in the Rajya Sabha
when he was about to declare that the amendments on NCTC
reference in the Motion of Thanks to President`s Address moved
by the opposition had been passed.
As the four amendments on NCTC were put to voice vote,
Khan had a slip of tongue and said, "I think the Ayes have it,
the Ayes have it..." sending members in the opposition into
peals of laughter.
Realising the gaffe, Khan immediately corrected himself,
saying "I have not said it...I think the Noes have it, the
Noes have it".
There were some lighter moments later too when S S
Ahluwalia (BJP) told the Chair that all Lok Sabha members
should go out of the House, as they were not members of this
The Chair, however, said that they are ministers and hence
there is no need for them to go out of the House even during
BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu then pointed out at Minister of
State for PMO V Narayanasamy, who was chatting with members of
DMK and some other parties, as the process of voting on
"Narayanasamy is campaigning....he is going from seat to
seat," he told the Chair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India