Slogan shouting during President`s Address to Parliament
New Delhi: DMK and AIADMK MPs on Thursday shouted slogans over Sri Lankan Tamil issue during the maiden Address of President Pranab Mukherjee in Parliament on Thursday.
As soon as the President began his Address to the joint sitting in the Central Hall, DMK and AIADMK members raised slogans.
The exact contents of the slogans could not be heard, but apparently they were referring to the killing of the 12-year-old son of slain LTTE chief Prabhakaran allegedly by Sri Lankan soldiers.
Shafiqur Rahman Barq (BSP) also stood up to demand minority status to Aligarh Muslim University.
Union Ministers Rajiv Shukla and V Narayanasamy waved at the protesting MPs to take their seats.
An unperturbed President, however, continued reading his speech despite the commotion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala