Slogan shouting during President`s Address to Parliament
New Delhi: DMK and AIADMK MPs on Thursday shouted slogans over Sri Lankan Tamil issue during the maiden Address of President Pranab Mukherjee in Parliament on Thursday.
As soon as the President began his Address to the joint sitting in the Central Hall, DMK and AIADMK members raised slogans.
The exact contents of the slogans could not be heard, but apparently they were referring to the killing of the 12-year-old son of slain LTTE chief Prabhakaran allegedly by Sri Lankan soldiers.
Shafiqur Rahman Barq (BSP) also stood up to demand minority status to Aligarh Muslim University.
Union Ministers Rajiv Shukla and V Narayanasamy waved at the protesting MPs to take their seats.
An unperturbed President, however, continued reading his speech despite the commotion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof