Smiling Kanimozhi talks to half-brother Stalin in court
New Delhi: A broad smile was Kanimozhi`s
reply to a question from her half-brother M K Stalin on how
was she doing in Tihar jail when they came face to face at a
trial court here.
Stalin, clad in his trademark white shirt and dhoti,
waited for 30 minutes at the Special CBI court at the Patiala
House Court complex here for his sister to come.
A composed Kanimozhi came inside the court of Judge O
P Saini and smiled at her husband Aravindan and others
present. Then, the senior DMK leader stood up and greeted
former Telecom Minister A Raja, who is also in jail, and shook
hands with him.
As he saw Kanimozhi walking near his seat, Stalin
asked "How are you doing?". Her answer was just a smile and
all the three stood for a while before being nudged by DMK
Parliamentary Party leader TR Baalu to sit.
Stalin sat between Kanimozhi and Raja and got to know
from them conditions in the jail and how they were being
treated. All the three then settled for an interaction in
Tamil that lasted 50 minutes.
"How is father?" a concerned Kanimozhi asked Stalin,
to which he replied: "He is doing fine." DMK chief M
Karunanidhi had met Kanimozhi at the Tihar jail yesterday.
Then, Kanimozhi asked her brother about the well-being
of his family members in Chennai. In between, Kanimozhi and
Raja were seen talking to each other.
Though the atmosphere was emotionally-charged, both
Stalin and Kanimozhi were seen talking casually to each other.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on