Smoke emanates from SpiceJet flight, passengers safe
Tuticorin: The passengers of Chennai-Tuticorin SpiceJet flight had a narrow escape Tuesday morning after smoke emanated from one of its engines before landing here, airport sources said.
The flight with about 70 passengers on board left Chennai around 7.30 am and when it was about to land around 8:25 pm, smoke was noticed from one of its engines.
The pilot landed the aircraft safely and fire tenders contained the smoke by spraying water laced with foam at the aircraft. All the passengers were safely disembarked, airport sources said.
The SpiceJet has cancelled the return flight from Tuticorin to Chennai.
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation has been informed about the incident and they will investigate the matter, they said.
Officials of the private airline were unavailable for comments immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets