Smoke emanates from SpiceJet flight, passengers safe
Tuticorin: The passengers of Chennai-Tuticorin SpiceJet flight had a narrow escape Tuesday morning after smoke emanated from one of its engines before landing here, airport sources said.
The flight with about 70 passengers on board left Chennai around 7.30 am and when it was about to land around 8:25 pm, smoke was noticed from one of its engines.
The pilot landed the aircraft safely and fire tenders contained the smoke by spraying water laced with foam at the aircraft. All the passengers were safely disembarked, airport sources said.
The SpiceJet has cancelled the return flight from Tuticorin to Chennai.
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation has been informed about the incident and they will investigate the matter, they said.
Officials of the private airline were unavailable for comments immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test