Smuggled arms, ammunition seized; 3 Bangladeshi militants held
Aizawl: Altogether 33 assault and automatic rifles and a light machine gun being smuggled to Bangladesh from Myanmar via India by Bangladeshi militants have been seized from near the Mizoram airport, police said.
Superintendent of Police, CID (Crime), Joseph Lalchhuana said here that 23 AK-47 assault rifles, a Browning automatic rifle and a light machine gun being routed from Myanmar to Bangladesh were seized near Lengpui airport yesterday and another eight AK-47 rifles today.
Three Bangladeshi militants -- Moni Tripura, Robi Chakma and Sabuj Chakma, belonging to the PCJSS faction of the Shanti Bahini, a Chakma outfit active in the Chittagong Hill Tracts, were arrested yesterday following the seizure, he said.
The eight AK-47 rifles were recovered today after the interrogation of the alleged militants.
Also seized today were 86 rounds of AK-47 ammunition, 24 rounds of LMG ammunition and 699 rounds of ammunition for the Browning Automatic rifle, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen