Smuggled arms, ammunition seized; 3 Bangladeshi militants held
Aizawl: Altogether 33 assault and automatic rifles and a light machine gun being smuggled to Bangladesh from Myanmar via India by Bangladeshi militants have been seized from near the Mizoram airport, police said.
Superintendent of Police, CID (Crime), Joseph Lalchhuana said here that 23 AK-47 assault rifles, a Browning automatic rifle and a light machine gun being routed from Myanmar to Bangladesh were seized near Lengpui airport yesterday and another eight AK-47 rifles today.
Three Bangladeshi militants -- Moni Tripura, Robi Chakma and Sabuj Chakma, belonging to the PCJSS faction of the Shanti Bahini, a Chakma outfit active in the Chittagong Hill Tracts, were arrested yesterday following the seizure, he said.
The eight AK-47 rifles were recovered today after the interrogation of the alleged militants.
Also seized today were 86 rounds of AK-47 ammunition, 24 rounds of LMG ammunition and 699 rounds of ammunition for the Browning Automatic rifle, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them