Snag hits Delhi Metro
New Delhi: Hundreds of commuters on tuesday were left stranded after a technical fault hit Delhi Metro`s Blue Line between Karol Bagh and R.K. Ashram Marg stations, resulting in overcrowding at several stations.
By the time the snag was rectified after almost an hour, large crowds had gathered at platforms all along the busy route, linking Dwarka in west Delhi with Noida and Vaishali in Uttar Pradesh.
The 49-km Blue Line covers 43 stations in some of the most populous parts of the capital and is the longest in the network. It carries over nine lakh passengers every day.
"Metro services of Line 3 (Dwarka-Noida City Centre) and Line 4 (from Yamuna Bank to Vaishali) ran in three short loops following a technical problem from 12.40 p.m. in the Blue Line," said a Delhi Metro official.
Trains ran on three short loops and single-line service on the various sections of the line.
"The trains are plying from Karol Bagh to Dwarka Sector 21 station and Barakhamba station to Noida City Centre/Vaishali. As the technical snag is between R.K. Ashram Marg and Karol Bagh stations, the trains on this stretch are running on single track between Karol Bagh and Barakhamba stations," the official said.
The Karol Bagh-R.K. Ashram Marg corridor had faced a similar problem five days ago in the Over Head Electrification (OHE) system that transmits electricity to the trains
The crowds were the maximum at the Rajiv Chowk interchange, the busiest of all Metro stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city