Snap polls only option to UPA govt`s policy failure: BJP
Hyderabad: Senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu today said holding mid-term elections was the only option for the country as the Congress-led UPA dispensation is suffering from "policy paralysis" which is affecting every sector.
"UPA government has become synonymous with corruption and the governance has become a casualty. UPA is suffering from policy paralysis which is affecting every sector, be it agriculture, industry, infrastructure, business and internal security", he said.
Tearing into the Central government, the senior BJP leader said that "corruption and inflation" have become hallmarks of government and snap polls is the only option for the country in such scenario.
"There is all-round disappointment and every section is equally unhappy. Inflation and corruption have become the hallmarks of this government", Venkaiah alleged.
Holding early election is the only solution as the country can not afford policy paralysis any longer, he demanded.
Venkaiah said the country`s image has taken a beating due to numerous scams under the watch of UPA government at Centre and "lack of good governance".
Not only the Indian businessmen but even foreign investors are eagerly awaiting for 2014 general elections so as to decide about investing in India, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi