Snoopgate: Would be curious to know which judge has agreed to lend himself to UPA, says Arun Jaitley
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
New Delhi: BJP leader Arun Jaitley said on Thursday that he would be “very curious to know the name of the judge who has agreed to lend himself to the UPA.”
Jaitley wrote in his Facebook post - “Media reports have indicated that the lame duck UPA government is finally planning to name a judge for the ‘snoopgate’ commission. The commission of inquiry is already on in Gujarat. Both the lady in question and her family have already sent their statements to the National Women’s Commission.”
He further wrote - “So far all judges approached by the UPA have refused to lend themselves in this political and malafide exercise. 438 Parliament constituencies have already seen polling. In a fortnight, the results will be out and a new government will be in. I will be very curious to know the name of the Judge who has agreed to ‘lend’ himself to the UPA. I will be surprised if there is one.”
The BJP leader also hoped that “for the cause of judicial dignity, no one agrees to be a part of this desperate exercise.”
Jaitley`s reaction was to reports indicating that the UPA government is planning to name a judge for the `snoopgate` commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year