Snoopgate: Would be curious to know which judge has agreed to lend himself to UPA, says Arun Jaitley
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
New Delhi: BJP leader Arun Jaitley said on Thursday that he would be “very curious to know the name of the judge who has agreed to lend himself to the UPA.”
Jaitley wrote in his Facebook post - “Media reports have indicated that the lame duck UPA government is finally planning to name a judge for the ‘snoopgate’ commission. The commission of inquiry is already on in Gujarat. Both the lady in question and her family have already sent their statements to the National Women’s Commission.”
He further wrote - “So far all judges approached by the UPA have refused to lend themselves in this political and malafide exercise. 438 Parliament constituencies have already seen polling. In a fortnight, the results will be out and a new government will be in. I will be very curious to know the name of the Judge who has agreed to ‘lend’ himself to the UPA. I will be surprised if there is one.”
The BJP leader also hoped that “for the cause of judicial dignity, no one agrees to be a part of this desperate exercise.”
Jaitley`s reaction was to reports indicating that the UPA government is planning to name a judge for the `snoopgate` commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?