Snooping row: Met conspirator many times, says Sudhanshu Mittal
New Delhi: In an interesting twist in the phone-tapping row that has gripped the political circle, BJP leader Sudhanshu Mittal on Friday said that he had occasionally met the alleged main conspirator arrested in connection with the attempt to access call details of Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley.
Dr Anurag Singh is a private detective and an expert in computer software despite holding an MBBS degree.
Addressing a press conference, Mittal also denied reports that the call records issue is a case of a factional war within the Bharatiya Janata Party.
Giving details of Anurag Singh, Mittal said he had met the accused a few time and was shocked to know his involvement in the sensational case. “We have been victimised. Our CDRs (call detail records) have been accessed.”
"People who seek help can make you a victim," said a "shocked" Mittal, who further said that Anurag, the former student of Maulana Azad Medical College, had good knowledge of cyber security.
He also noted that it is not yet clear who is the mastermind behind this call records case. "The truth must come out," Mittal said.
Delhi Police constable Arvind Dabas, the first to be arrested in the case, is already in judicial custody till March 06.
The snooping row surrounding Jaitley appears set to explode into a bigger controversy after the main conspirator reportedly claimed that attempts were made to access the CDRs of over 60 persons, including that of top BJP leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!