Snooping row: Met conspirator many times, says Sudhanshu Mittal
New Delhi: In an interesting twist in the phone-tapping row that has gripped the political circle, BJP leader Sudhanshu Mittal on Friday said that he had occasionally met the alleged main conspirator arrested in connection with the attempt to access call details of Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley.
Dr Anurag Singh is a private detective and an expert in computer software despite holding an MBBS degree.
Addressing a press conference, Mittal also denied reports that the call records issue is a case of a factional war within the Bharatiya Janata Party.
Giving details of Anurag Singh, Mittal said he had met the accused a few time and was shocked to know his involvement in the sensational case. “We have been victimised. Our CDRs (call detail records) have been accessed.”
"People who seek help can make you a victim," said a "shocked" Mittal, who further said that Anurag, the former student of Maulana Azad Medical College, had good knowledge of cyber security.
He also noted that it is not yet clear who is the mastermind behind this call records case. "The truth must come out," Mittal said.
Delhi Police constable Arvind Dabas, the first to be arrested in the case, is already in judicial custody till March 06.
The snooping row surrounding Jaitley appears set to explode into a bigger controversy after the main conspirator reportedly claimed that attempts were made to access the CDRs of over 60 persons, including that of top BJP leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September