Snooping row: Woman knew of ‘help’ from Modi govt, says father
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: In a fresh twist in the snooping row, the father of the woman has told the National Commission of Women (NCW) that his daughter does not want any probe into the issue as there was no encroachment on her privacy.
"It is an earnest wish of my daughter that no further probe (in snooping issue) is necessary as being politically demanded," he said today in a letter to NCW and Gujarat State Commission for Women.
"I, on behalf of my daughter, urge that whatever help was rendered upon my request was within her knowledge and in her own interest, safety and security, and there has been no encroachment on her privacy as sought to be made out," he said in the two-page letter.
"My daughter is an architect and educated person. She is married and deeply perturbed by the intrusion upon her personal life and privacy. With a view to ensure that her anonymity and whereabouts remain out of public gaze, she has requested me to write this letter to the honourable Commission (NCW) on her behalf and at her request," he said.
The clarification from the woman’s father came even as the issue has exploded politically with the Congress in no mood to let the Modi government off the hook.
Two investigative news portals, Cobrapost.Com and Gulail.Com, had claimed on November 15 that Amit Shah, an aide of Modi and former Minister of State for Home of Gujarat, had ordered illegal surveillance of a woman at the behest of one "Saheb".
They had released taped conversations between Shah and IPS officer G L Singhal to support their claim, but said its authenticity could not be confirmed.
Congress and CPI (M), among other parties, have demanded a probe into the illegal surveillance episode allegedly involving Shah.
"In 2009, due to personal and family reasons, I had made a request to the Chief Minister, Gujarat to take steps in my daughter`s interest. Considering the fact that the issues bothering me and my family were personal in nature, I deemed it fit to make an oral request to the Chief Minister (Modi) as political head of the state of Gujarat with whom I have long standing relations spread over two decades", he said.
"My daughter is fully aware of all types of help that was rendered by the State machinery considering a genuine request of a father for his daughter. She is fully conscious that the said help was absolutely necessary and was in her own interest, safety and security," the father said.
"Inspite of above facts, issues concerning my married daughter, her personal life and of my family are being publicly raised by certain vested interest groups in the media ostensibly on grounds that her right of privacy is violated.
"She strongly feels and it also clearly appears that under the guise of protecting my daughter`s right to privacy, her personal right of privacy is being grossly breached manifestly for political objectives," the letter said.
"Kindly, therefore, ensure that my daughter`s personal issues are not publicly discussed in the media, and if any person, body, political party or authority approaches this commission, based upon any fact concerning her, let no cognisance be taken by this commission," he demanded.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly