Snowfall in HP, rains in North including Delhi
New Delhi: Higher reaches of Himachal Pradesh
today experienced snowfall even as mercury rose by a few
notches in the national capital and few other places in
Northern region despite light to moderate showers.
Continued rains in Rajasthan for the past many days
failed to bring respite to the people reeling under sultry
conditions as mercury touched the mark of 40 degrees Celsius
Delhiites sweated it out due to hot and humid conditions
even as the city received monsoon rains tonight. While mercury
rose to 34.8 degrees as compared to yesterday`s 34.1 notches,
high humidity levels, oscillating between 65 and 93 per cent
added to the woes of people. Met department has forecast
possibility of rains and thundershowers tomorrow also.
After receding for two days, major rivers started
swelling again in some districts of Uttar Pradesh due to heavy
rainfall badly affecting the rescue operations in flood-hit
While high peaks like Bara Lacha and Sarchu pass in
Lahaul and Spiti and Dhauladhar range in Kangra district
witnessed snowfall, rains lashed lower areas of Himachal
Pradesh plummeting temperature in the state where Capital
Shimla recorded a high of 21.9 degrees, as compared to
yesterday`s 23.4 degrees.
Meanwhile, around 10 ITBP personnel and eight foreigners
have been rescued after they were stranded near Bara Lacha
pass due to hostile weather conditions triggered by heavy
The jawans, who were on their way to Manali from Leh, and
the foreigners were caught in inclement weather as the high
altitude areas of Lahaul and Spiti, including Bara Lacha and
Sarchu situated at a height of 4253 metre, have been
witnessing snowfall since 0400 hrs this morning, police said.
Temperatures showed an upward trend in Rajasthan where
Churu remained hottest at 40 degrees, followed by Bikaner at
39 and Jaisalmer and Barmer at 37 notches.
Chandigarh and few other places in Punjab also received
light rains, while weather remained dry in neighbouring
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi