Snowfall in HP, rains in North including Delhi
New Delhi: Higher reaches of Himachal Pradesh
today experienced snowfall even as mercury rose by a few
notches in the national capital and few other places in
Northern region despite light to moderate showers.
Continued rains in Rajasthan for the past many days
failed to bring respite to the people reeling under sultry
conditions as mercury touched the mark of 40 degrees Celsius
Delhiites sweated it out due to hot and humid conditions
even as the city received monsoon rains tonight. While mercury
rose to 34.8 degrees as compared to yesterday`s 34.1 notches,
high humidity levels, oscillating between 65 and 93 per cent
added to the woes of people. Met department has forecast
possibility of rains and thundershowers tomorrow also.
After receding for two days, major rivers started
swelling again in some districts of Uttar Pradesh due to heavy
rainfall badly affecting the rescue operations in flood-hit
While high peaks like Bara Lacha and Sarchu pass in
Lahaul and Spiti and Dhauladhar range in Kangra district
witnessed snowfall, rains lashed lower areas of Himachal
Pradesh plummeting temperature in the state where Capital
Shimla recorded a high of 21.9 degrees, as compared to
yesterday`s 23.4 degrees.
Meanwhile, around 10 ITBP personnel and eight foreigners
have been rescued after they were stranded near Bara Lacha
pass due to hostile weather conditions triggered by heavy
The jawans, who were on their way to Manali from Leh, and
the foreigners were caught in inclement weather as the high
altitude areas of Lahaul and Spiti, including Bara Lacha and
Sarchu situated at a height of 4253 metre, have been
witnessing snowfall since 0400 hrs this morning, police said.
Temperatures showed an upward trend in Rajasthan where
Churu remained hottest at 40 degrees, followed by Bikaner at
39 and Jaisalmer and Barmer at 37 notches.
Chandigarh and few other places in Punjab also received
light rains, while weather remained dry in neighbouring
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!