Social sites abuzz with discussions on Anna-Kejriwal split
New Delhi: The parting of ways of Anna Hazare and Arvind Kejriwal rocked the social networking sites tonight, with the latter`s supporters questioning the veteran activist and taking potshots at him.
After a marathon discussion during the day, Hazare parted with Kejriwal-led group opposing their plans to form a political party within one-and-half-year of coming together to run a high-steam anti-graft movement.
The first to hit Twitter was Kejriwal who said, "country is on sale. It is passing through very difficult phase. I will do everything possible for me to save my country."
Hazare supporter Kiran Bedi hit back on Twitter, "Feel Anna was being expected to support political option when he was never inclined. Was it a case of misjudgement on the part of some?"
However, the India Against Corruption`s Twitter handle continuously retweeted several tweets which were critical of Hazare`s decision.
In reference to Hazare`s stand that he does not go by surveys on internet, one tweet which was retweeted by IAC read, "only 5,000 people voted on Facebook but five lakh plus missed calls. How can u say it is a facebook survey?"
Another tweet said, "yes Anna Hazare not campaigning is a setback but that doesn`t change the fact that people want a credible political option" while other advised Hazare, "unless Anna comes up with a workable strategy for non political movement, I am with a political option if it exists."
A post aimed at Hazare tweeted a quote "You don`t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great. -(Quote for Annaji)".
Giriraj Kishore, an ex registrar of IIT-Kanpur who today attended the meeting to decide on taking a decision on movement, said the overall mood of the discussions was that the movement should remain united and should reach a fruitful conclusion.
"A section of those in meeting said Hazare was exploited by some people in the movement. But this is not true. If Anna has given his name to the movement, people here have made the Anna what he is now. They built the image of Anna," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...