Sodomised Army jawan gets relief
New Delhi: A young Army jawan allegedly
sodomised by a senior colleague four years back and
subsequently sent out of service for being "medically unfit"
today got relief from the Armed Forces Tribunal which pulled
up his Regiment for covering up the incident.
The Tribunal ordered the Army to conduct a fresh
clinical examination of Mukesh Kumar within three months and
pay him disability pension if he was found medically unfit.
It also directed the Army to get the medical test done
by a doctor other than the one who had previously performed it
and opined that his bad physical condition was not due to
Kumar was enrolled in Rajputana Rifles Regimental Centre
here and three months after joining Army, he was allegedly
sexually assaulted by his instructor at night, according to
his petition filed through Colonel S R Kalkal.
He filed a complaint with Army from the Base Hospital
where he was being treated following which a Court of Inquiry
(COI) was ordered which found the charges to be true.
To save the prestige of the unit and the Army, the
guilty Havaldar was asked to leave the Service without any
punishment, said the petition.
Agreeing with his contention, the two-member Bench
headed by Justice A K Mathur, said the Regimental authorities
covered up the incident to save the prestige of the unit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31