Soft appeals by India on LoC firing emboldening Pakistan: BJP
Jammu: Appeals to Pakistan to respect the sanctity of the Line of Control were unlikely to yield any results and India should instead adopt a tough posture when dealing with the neighbouring country, BJP said on Friday.
"It is precisely because of soft diplomatic appeals (to maintain the ceasefire) that Pakistan is getting emboldened with each passing day.
"It is high time New Delhi realised that against a hawkish establishment in Islamabad, only tough posturing can act as a deterrent," BJP National Executive Member and the party`s chief spokesperson for Jammu and Kashmir, Dr Jitendra Singh, said here.
He slammed the Centre and J&K Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for issuing appeals yesterday for Pakistan to maintain the "sanctity" of the LoC.
Referring to recent intelligence reports shared by the Army, Singh said that even as India continues to talk soft, there are inputs about Pakistani Border Action Teams planning more attacks at Indian forward posts.
He said that the case of Kishtwar, the town which was recently rocked by communal clashes, should serve as a warning for a revised terrorist strategy wherein Pakistani sponsored outfits might try to ignite communal tensions in the state.
"Where is the sanctity of LoC when Pakistani troops have been violating it on a daily basis these several days?" he asked.
In a situation like this, verbal appeals devoid of effective retaliatory measures send out a demoralising signal that New Delhi lacks the will to take on Pakistan, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni