Sohrab case: Amin alleges fake petn in his name filed in SC
Ahmedabad: Suspended cop N K Amin, an accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case, has alleged before the special CBI court here that a fake petition using his wife`s forged signature was filed in the Supreme Court by an unknown person.
In an application filed before Additional chief judicial magistrate A Y Dave, yesterday, Amin has also sought direction for the CBI, probing the case, to investigate this.
The court has issued notice to CBI and asked it to file a reply by February 5.
Amin has alleged that the fake review petition on his bail plea, filed in the Apex Court by forging his wife Jayshree`s signature on the Vakalat-nama, was an attempt to sabotage his case.
His advocate, Jagdish Ramani said that the petition for review of his bail -- cancelled by Gujarat High Court -- was filed allegedly in the name of a Delhi-based lawyer. He further said that petition was dismissed on technical grounds by the Apex Court.
Ramani said that they informed the CBI about this as soon as they came to know about it, but the agency did not take any action in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling