Sohrabuddin case: CBI seeks court nod for voice samples of accused
Ahmedabad: The CBI has sought permission
from the special court to obtain voice samples of five accused
in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case for comparing
them with the audio-video evidence gathered by the agency.
An application in this regard was filed by the central
probe agency in the CBI court of Additional Chief Judicial
Magistrate A Y Dave on Friday.
The CBI in its application has said it wanted to collect
voice samples of five accused in the fake encounter case --
suspended IPS officer Abhay Chudasama, N K Amin (who has
offered to become an approver in the case) N V Chauhan and two
absconding accused -- Yashpal Chudasama and Ajay Patel.
Based on the application, the court issued notices to
Abhay Chudasama, Amin and Chauhan who are lodged in jail.
Further hearing on the matter will be on September 20.
The audio-video evidence with the CBI includes recording
of conversation between Amin and Chauhan, where the latter was
purportedly saying that he had heard prime accused D G Vanzara
telling another co-accused Rjakumar Pandian over phone that
instructions to liquidate Sohrabuddin`s wife Kausar Bi came
from former minister of state for home Amit Shah.
Another such evidence is the video recording of the
meeting between absconding accused Yashpal Chudasama and Ajay
Patel with two witnesses in the case -- builders Raman Patel
and his brother Dashrat Patel -- at the city-based Rifle Club.
In this audio-video footage, the accused have been
allegedly caught trying to influence the witnesses and
directing them on how they should depose before the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical