Sohrabuddin case: CBI summons former Guj DGP for questioning
Ahmdabad: CBI has summoned former Gujarat
DGP P C Pandey for questioning in connection with Sohrabuddin
Sheikh fake encounter killing case.
CBI has called Pandey to appear before it on August 11,
CBI officials said tonight.
Pandey was DGP when the state CID was investigating the
fake encounter case.
There have been allegations that some police officials of
Gujarat had tried to influence the investigation into the
This is for the first time Pandey has been called for
questioning by CBI. It had earlier called other IPS officers,
including G C Raigar and O P Mathur, for questioning in
The Supreme Court handed over the fake encounter case
to CBI in January this year. The investigating agency has so
far arrested former minister of state for Home Amit Shah, IPS
officer Abhay Chudasama and owners of Arham farm Rajendra
Jirawala in the case.
CBI today interrogated Shah inside the Sabarmati jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here