Sohrabuddin case: CBI summons former Guj DGP for questioning
Ahmdabad: CBI has summoned former Gujarat
DGP P C Pandey for questioning in connection with Sohrabuddin
Sheikh fake encounter killing case.
CBI has called Pandey to appear before it on August 11,
CBI officials said tonight.
Pandey was DGP when the state CID was investigating the
fake encounter case.
There have been allegations that some police officials of
Gujarat had tried to influence the investigation into the
This is for the first time Pandey has been called for
questioning by CBI. It had earlier called other IPS officers,
including G C Raigar and O P Mathur, for questioning in
The Supreme Court handed over the fake encounter case
to CBI in January this year. The investigating agency has so
far arrested former minister of state for Home Amit Shah, IPS
officer Abhay Chudasama and owners of Arham farm Rajendra
Jirawala in the case.
CBI today interrogated Shah inside the Sabarmati jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India