Sohrabuddin case: CBI summons former Guj DGP for questioning
Ahmdabad: CBI has summoned former Gujarat
DGP P C Pandey for questioning in connection with Sohrabuddin
Sheikh fake encounter killing case.
CBI has called Pandey to appear before it on August 11,
CBI officials said tonight.
Pandey was DGP when the state CID was investigating the
fake encounter case.
There have been allegations that some police officials of
Gujarat had tried to influence the investigation into the
This is for the first time Pandey has been called for
questioning by CBI. It had earlier called other IPS officers,
including G C Raigar and O P Mathur, for questioning in
The Supreme Court handed over the fake encounter case
to CBI in January this year. The investigating agency has so
far arrested former minister of state for Home Amit Shah, IPS
officer Abhay Chudasama and owners of Arham farm Rajendra
Jirawala in the case.
CBI today interrogated Shah inside the Sabarmati jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know