Sohrabuddin case: CBI summons former Guj DGP for questioning
Ahmdabad: CBI has summoned former Gujarat
DGP P C Pandey for questioning in connection with Sohrabuddin
Sheikh fake encounter killing case.
CBI has called Pandey to appear before it on August 11,
CBI officials said tonight.
Pandey was DGP when the state CID was investigating the
fake encounter case.
There have been allegations that some police officials of
Gujarat had tried to influence the investigation into the
This is for the first time Pandey has been called for
questioning by CBI. It had earlier called other IPS officers,
including G C Raigar and O P Mathur, for questioning in
The Supreme Court handed over the fake encounter case
to CBI in January this year. The investigating agency has so
far arrested former minister of state for Home Amit Shah, IPS
officer Abhay Chudasama and owners of Arham farm Rajendra
Jirawala in the case.
CBI today interrogated Shah inside the Sabarmati jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!