Sohrabuddin case: CBI summons former Guj DGP for questioning
Ahmdabad: CBI has summoned former Gujarat
DGP P C Pandey for questioning in connection with Sohrabuddin
Sheikh fake encounter killing case.
CBI has called Pandey to appear before it on August 11,
CBI officials said tonight.
Pandey was DGP when the state CID was investigating the
fake encounter case.
There have been allegations that some police officials of
Gujarat had tried to influence the investigation into the
This is for the first time Pandey has been called for
questioning by CBI. It had earlier called other IPS officers,
including G C Raigar and O P Mathur, for questioning in
The Supreme Court handed over the fake encounter case
to CBI in January this year. The investigating agency has so
far arrested former minister of state for Home Amit Shah, IPS
officer Abhay Chudasama and owners of Arham farm Rajendra
Jirawala in the case.
CBI today interrogated Shah inside the Sabarmati jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more