Sohrabuddin case: Centre says BJP reaction to Shah’s case belated
New Delhi: Centre on Saturday berated the BJP for its "angry" reaction to the CBI pursuit against Gujarat minister Amit Shah, saying it was "belated and simulated".
Home Minister P Chidambaram pointed out that the CBI had filed the case against Shah in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case as per the direction of Supreme Court and
lawyer Arun Jaitley should have taken note of it.
"Why this belated and simulated anger. Why express this anger lately. They should have said this in January when Supreme Court handed over the matter to CBI," he told reporters here when asked about BJP`s allegations that CBI was being misused to target opponents.
Shah, Minister of State for Home in Gujarat, was chargesheeted yesterday by the CBI for his alleged involvement in the fake encounter case. He submitted his resignation later
in the day.
"This was a Supreme Court directive and at least (BJP leader) Arun Jaitley should have read it. He is a lawyer. He should have raised it and they should have raised it in
January, why raise it now," Chidamabram asked.
Top BJP leadership yesterday refused to lunch with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, accusing the government of using CBI to target opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16