Sohrabuddin case: Centre says BJP reaction to Shah’s case belated
New Delhi: Centre on Saturday berated the BJP for its "angry" reaction to the CBI pursuit against Gujarat minister Amit Shah, saying it was "belated and simulated".
Home Minister P Chidambaram pointed out that the CBI had filed the case against Shah in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case as per the direction of Supreme Court and
lawyer Arun Jaitley should have taken note of it.
"Why this belated and simulated anger. Why express this anger lately. They should have said this in January when Supreme Court handed over the matter to CBI," he told reporters here when asked about BJP`s allegations that CBI was being misused to target opponents.
Shah, Minister of State for Home in Gujarat, was chargesheeted yesterday by the CBI for his alleged involvement in the fake encounter case. He submitted his resignation later
in the day.
"This was a Supreme Court directive and at least (BJP leader) Arun Jaitley should have read it. He is a lawyer. He should have raised it and they should have raised it in
January, why raise it now," Chidamabram asked.
Top BJP leadership yesterday refused to lunch with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, accusing the government of using CBI to target opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof