Sohrabuddin case: Chudasama seeks bail for hip surgery
Ahmedabad: One of the accused IPS officers
in Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case, Abhay Chudasama has
filed an application for temporary bail in the special CBI
court to undergo hip replacement surgery.
The suspended IPS officer has sought release from the
jail for three months on medical ground.
Additional Sessions Judge, G K Upadhyay has fixed hearing
on this application on May 31.
According to Chudasama`s application, he had met with an
accident in 1994 and had to undergo hip replacement surgery.
But due to continuous regression, he had undergone surgery
again in 2000.
Seeking bail for surgery, Chudasama has stated that since
December 2008 he was having pain in his right leg and facing
problem in "walking, sitting as well as sleeping".
Just before his arrest, Chudasama was advised to undergo
the surgery once again, his application said.
During his stay in jail, he was examined in and later
referred to the Civil Hospital.
The doctors` committee opined that if pain persisted,
he would be required to undergo planned surgery for revision
of hip prosthesis.
Meanwhile, three other policemen accused in the same case
N H Dabhi, Shyamsingh Rajavath and Himanshusingh Charan have
also filed bail application on technical grounds.
In their bail applications, the three suspended cops
have claimed that CBI was handed over the probe of the case in
January this month, and a new FIR was lodged on February 1 and
its copy was produced in the special court immediately on
They have contended that the statutory period of 90
days for filing a chargesheet under Section 173(2) of CrPC
(Criminal Procedure Court) in this case has expired on May 5.
And as the CBI has not filed chargesheet against them
in the stipulated time they have right to be released on
default bail, they said.
Judge V B Barot hearing the pleas has kept the hearing
on June 1.
In all 15 cops including four IPS officers D G
Vanzara, Rajkumar Pandian, Dinesh M N, and Abhay Chudasama are
behind bars for the fake encounter of Sohrabuddin and alleged
murder of his wife Kausar Bi in November 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing