Sohrabuddin case: SC questions Amit Shah`s theory
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday questioned the theory advanced by former Gujarat home minister
Amit Shah claiming that call details collected by CBI to nail
him in Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter killing case has no
relevance as they related to another case of kidnapping.
"It appears too much of coincidence. These are some
glaring circumstances," a bench comprising justices Aftab Alam
and Ranjana Prakash Desai said.
The remarks by the bench were made when Shah`s counsel
Ram Jethmalani was countering that call details produced by
CBI as evidence to show alleged complicity of the former
minister in case.
CBI has alleged the call details showing conversations
between Shah and DSP N K Amin between November 22 to 30, 2005,
clearly indicate that the former minister was involved in the
conspiracy to eliminate Soharabuddin.
However, Shah claimed the conversations between him and
Amin during the relevant period was in connection with the
kidnapping of a boy in which he had sought the help of the DSP
who at that point of time was heading the cyber cell of the
The bench had made the observations after telling in
detail as to how the investigation into the Soharabuddin case
progressed since 2006 and during the passage of time transfers
of police officers were made who were directly under the
control of Shah as the state`s Home Minister.
While the bench was expressing its reservations about
Shah`s theory, Jethmalani stuck to the stand by maintaining
that CBI has wrongly charged Amin with being involved in the
conspiracy to kill Soharabuddin as he was not a member of the
joint team that had picked the victim from Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill