Sohrabuddin`s brother alleges threats from MP police
Ahmedabad: Rubabuddin, the brother
Sohrabuddin Sheikh, who was killed in a fake encounter with
the police in Gujarat, today alleged he was facing threat from
some police officials of Madhya Pradesh.
"I am facing threat from some police officials of
Madhya Pradesh, who include DIG Rewa Manjeet Singh Narang,
who was earlier SP of Ujjain and a few other officials in MP
STF," Rubabuddin told newsmen.
He claimed Narang, along with some Gujarat police
officials, had come to kidnap him in January 2009.
"Out of the police officials who had come to kidnap me,
16 to 20 policemen were Gujarati-speaking," he claimed.
"I was to appear before the Supreme Court on February 5,
2009, and they did this to terrorise me," Rubabuddin claimed.
He also said the investigations by CBI into Sohrabuddin
fake encounter killing case were heading in the right
"The investigations by CBI will expose the larger
political conspiracy behind the killing of my brother
Sohrabuddin," he said.
"The entire conspiracy was hatched by a Gujarat
minister. CBI will find out why he did so," Rubabuddin said.
"Role of Gujarat Chief Minister (Narendra Modi) should
also be probed in this case," he said.
He alleged that Minister of State (MOS) for Home Amit Shah
had called police official N K Amin on November 23, 2005 and
talked to him on mobile many times till the time Sohrabuddin,
Kauserbi and Tulsi Prajapati were kidnapped by the police and
"It seems so from the call details of MOS," he claimed.
In a reply to a question on who was the third person
accompanying Soharabuddin and Kausur Bi when they were
kidnapped from Andhra Pradesh, Rubabuddin said "hundred per
cent the third person was Tulsi Prajapati."
He also alleged that arrested DCP Abhay Chudasama also
tried to bribe him.
"Abhay Chudasama had sent three people with Rs 50
lakh. I came to know about this as he talked to me over mobile
phone," Rubabbudin claimed adding that this was in the
knowledge of CBI.
Rubabuddin demanded that MOS Amit Shah should resign on
"I have full faith in the investigations carried out
by CBI, they will find out the politicians and officials
involved in this case from the states of Gujarat, Rajasthan,
Madhya Pradesh and Hyderabad," he said.
Sohrabuddin, Kauserbi and Tulsi Prajapati were kidnapped
by the ATS led by Rajkumar Pandiyan on November 22, 2005 and
Sohrabuddin was killed on November 26, while Kauser Bi was
killed later on, a press release issued by Rubabuddin`s lawyer
On behalf of Rubabuddin, Jan Sangharsh Manch would be
meeting the governor tomorrow demanding removal of Amit Shah
from the office of MOS as well as transfer of Tulsi Prajapati
case to CBI, the press release stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’