Soldiers` decapitation: Indian Army to seek flag meeting in Poonch sector
New Delhi: The Army is planning to seek a flag meeting between the formation commanders of India and Pakistan deployed along the Poonch sector of Line of Control (LoC) in a bid to defuse the tension after the killing of two Indian soldiers there.
The Army is planning to seek a flag meeting between the formation commanders of India and Pakistan in the Poonch sector. The meeting is likely to be attended by Brigadier-level officers from both sides, Army sources said here.
The 10th Brigade of the Indian Army is deployed in the Poonch sector under which three battalions are deployed. One of them is 13 Rajputana Rifles, whose two soldiers Lance Naiks Sudhakar Singh and Hemraj were killed by the Paksitan Army.
The area has been tense due to the recent incidents of ceasefire violations including the one which took place this evening in the Battal area of the same sector.
The DGMOs of the two sides had talked to each other after the January 8 incident in which the Pakistani troops killed the two Indian troopers and mutilated their bodies.
Flag-meetings are held by the armed forces deployed along the Line of Control to discuss and resolve issues between them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy