Soldiers’ killing: Missing head triggers outrage
New Delhi: Amidst national outrage over the brazen violation of the 2003 ceasefire by Pakistani troops in Jammu & Kashmir and the brutal killing of two Indian soldiers, a top Army official on Wednesday claimed that one of the dead soldier’s head is missing.
“One soldier`s head is missing,” Brigadier JK Tewari, Deputy General-officer-Commanding, Rajouri was quoted as saying by the national media.
It was also reported that the heads of both the Indian soldiers - Lance Naiks Hemraj and Sudhakar Singh - was chopped off and one was taken away by Pakistani intruders.
Pakistani soldiers, apparently from the 29 Baloch Regiment, took advantage of a dense fog to sneak into an Indian post in Sona Gali area in the border district of Poonch, and killed two Indian soldiers and mutilated their bodies.
Bodies of slain jawans have been taken to Rajouri for post-mortem after which their bodies will be handed over to their families.
This is not the first instance of brutality by the poorly trained and funds-starved security forces of Pakistan.
The brutality inflicted by the Pakistan troops on the Indian soldiers is a chilling reminder of the brutal attack on Capt Saurabh Kalia and his team by Pakistani troops in Kaksar sector of Kargil during the 1999 conflict.
While New Delhi has strongly condemned the act, Pakistan denied responsibility for the killings.
Centre termed the Pakistani action "provocative" and said it would take up the issue with the Pakistan government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack