Soldiers’ killing: Missing head triggers outrage
New Delhi: Amidst national outrage over the brazen violation of the 2003 ceasefire by Pakistani troops in Jammu & Kashmir and the brutal killing of two Indian soldiers, a top Army official on Wednesday claimed that one of the dead soldier’s head is missing.
“One soldier`s head is missing,” Brigadier JK Tewari, Deputy General-officer-Commanding, Rajouri was quoted as saying by the national media.
It was also reported that the heads of both the Indian soldiers - Lance Naiks Hemraj and Sudhakar Singh - was chopped off and one was taken away by Pakistani intruders.
Pakistani soldiers, apparently from the 29 Baloch Regiment, took advantage of a dense fog to sneak into an Indian post in Sona Gali area in the border district of Poonch, and killed two Indian soldiers and mutilated their bodies.
Bodies of slain jawans have been taken to Rajouri for post-mortem after which their bodies will be handed over to their families.
This is not the first instance of brutality by the poorly trained and funds-starved security forces of Pakistan.
The brutality inflicted by the Pakistan troops on the Indian soldiers is a chilling reminder of the brutal attack on Capt Saurabh Kalia and his team by Pakistani troops in Kaksar sector of Kargil during the 1999 conflict.
While New Delhi has strongly condemned the act, Pakistan denied responsibility for the killings.
Centre termed the Pakistani action "provocative" and said it would take up the issue with the Pakistan government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price