Soldiers’ killing: PM meets president Pranab
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh met President Pranab Mukherjee for an hour Tuesday evening, shortly after he said there could be "no business as usual with Pakistan" following the killings of two soldiers by Pakistani troops.
The meeting took place at 5 pm, Rashtrapati Bhavan sources said.
Though the sources refused to confirm the agenda of the meeting, the prime minister is understood to have briefed the president on the ceasefire violations by Pakistan and the Jan 8 killing of two Indian soldiers along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir.
Manmohan Singh had declared earlier that those who brutally killed two Indian soldiers would be brought to book. "There can be no business as usual after the barbaric act," the prime minister said when journalists asked him about the government`s move to hold back visa on arrival for senior Pakistani citizens.
He was speaking at a get-together here hosted by army chief General Bikram Singh on the occasion of Army Day. The visa on arrival was to start Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'