Soldiers’ killing: PM meets president Pranab
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh met President Pranab Mukherjee for an hour Tuesday evening, shortly after he said there could be "no business as usual with Pakistan" following the killings of two soldiers by Pakistani troops.
The meeting took place at 5 pm, Rashtrapati Bhavan sources said.
Though the sources refused to confirm the agenda of the meeting, the prime minister is understood to have briefed the president on the ceasefire violations by Pakistan and the Jan 8 killing of two Indian soldiers along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir.
Manmohan Singh had declared earlier that those who brutally killed two Indian soldiers would be brought to book. "There can be no business as usual after the barbaric act," the prime minister said when journalists asked him about the government`s move to hold back visa on arrival for senior Pakistani citizens.
He was speaking at a get-together here hosted by army chief General Bikram Singh on the occasion of Army Day. The visa on arrival was to start Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Cancer: Early warning signs you shouldn't ignore!