Soldiers’ killing: PM meets president Pranab
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh met President Pranab Mukherjee for an hour Tuesday evening, shortly after he said there could be "no business as usual with Pakistan" following the killings of two soldiers by Pakistani troops.
The meeting took place at 5 pm, Rashtrapati Bhavan sources said.
Though the sources refused to confirm the agenda of the meeting, the prime minister is understood to have briefed the president on the ceasefire violations by Pakistan and the Jan 8 killing of two Indian soldiers along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir.
Manmohan Singh had declared earlier that those who brutally killed two Indian soldiers would be brought to book. "There can be no business as usual after the barbaric act," the prime minister said when journalists asked him about the government`s move to hold back visa on arrival for senior Pakistani citizens.
He was speaking at a get-together here hosted by army chief General Bikram Singh on the occasion of Army Day. The visa on arrival was to start Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video