Soldiers to get improved quality of food
New Delhi: Soldiers in the Army will now
get more and improved quality of food as the government has
enhanced the scale of daily and periodical ration they are
entitled to and has replaced some of the existing food items
with better available alternatives.
"From Aug 2010, Junior Commissioned Officers (JCOs)
and Other Ranks (ORs) posted above 9000 feet would be provided
two eggs per day and quantity of fresh fruit has been enhanced
from 110 gms to 230 gms daily," Army officials said here.
While military units have been authorised for frozen
meat and chicken as substitutes to dressed meat, the quantity
of dressed chicken has been enhanced from 110 gms to 180 gms
per man per day, they said.
To ensure variety in diets, ready to eat chicken in
retort pouches would be provided to the soldiers from the next
On the ines of special scale rations for troops
deployed in Siachen, the military units deployed above 12000
ft would also be provided special rations from August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Pained by death of his buddy 'Tiger', 26/11 canine hero Caesar goes into depression
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders