Soldiers to get improved quality of food
New Delhi: Soldiers in the Army will now
get more and improved quality of food as the government has
enhanced the scale of daily and periodical ration they are
entitled to and has replaced some of the existing food items
with better available alternatives.
"From Aug 2010, Junior Commissioned Officers (JCOs)
and Other Ranks (ORs) posted above 9000 feet would be provided
two eggs per day and quantity of fresh fruit has been enhanced
from 110 gms to 230 gms daily," Army officials said here.
While military units have been authorised for frozen
meat and chicken as substitutes to dressed meat, the quantity
of dressed chicken has been enhanced from 110 gms to 180 gms
per man per day, they said.
To ensure variety in diets, ready to eat chicken in
retort pouches would be provided to the soldiers from the next
On the ines of special scale rations for troops
deployed in Siachen, the military units deployed above 12000
ft would also be provided special rations from August.
- Uttarakhand forest fire: What tourists must know
- IPL 2016: Sunrisers Hyderabad's mentor Muttiah Muralitharan highly impressed with Bangladeshi pacer Mustafizur Rahman
- I am neither a borrower or a judgement debtor, says Vijay Mallya
- Secret Jaish-e-Muhammad training camp involved in Pathankot airbase attack traced
- China stripped America, made money and rebuilt itself: Donald Trump