Soldiers to get improved quality of food
New Delhi: Soldiers in the Army will now
get more and improved quality of food as the government has
enhanced the scale of daily and periodical ration they are
entitled to and has replaced some of the existing food items
with better available alternatives.
"From Aug 2010, Junior Commissioned Officers (JCOs)
and Other Ranks (ORs) posted above 9000 feet would be provided
two eggs per day and quantity of fresh fruit has been enhanced
from 110 gms to 230 gms daily," Army officials said here.
While military units have been authorised for frozen
meat and chicken as substitutes to dressed meat, the quantity
of dressed chicken has been enhanced from 110 gms to 180 gms
per man per day, they said.
To ensure variety in diets, ready to eat chicken in
retort pouches would be provided to the soldiers from the next
On the ines of special scale rations for troops
deployed in Siachen, the military units deployed above 12000
ft would also be provided special rations from August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra Show to focus on building new enterprise
- DNA: Today in History, 26th August, 2016
- Space X Dragon successfully splashes down in Pacific Ocean with crucial NASA research samples
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured