`Solidly` behind BJP, says Parkash Singh Badal
Phagwara: On a day when JD(U) severed its ties with NDA, the BJP-led coalition`s key partner Shiromani Akali Dal`s patron Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday said his party was "solidly" behind the BJP, and does not believe in "interfering" in their internal matters.
The five-time Punjab Chief Minister asserted," Akalis were with BJP solidly and will continue to be so".
Badal claimed that all will shake hands with BJP after the General Elections.
"Though every party, including JD(U), has its own interest uppermost in its mind, yet all will shake hands with BJP after the general elections," he told reporters at Khatti here.
"The real combinations will emerge after Lok Sabha polls," the 85-year-old Aakali veteran said.
His reply came when reporters asked to comment on the rift between JD(U) and BJP, besides its implications on the prospects of NDA, just before JD(U) took the step.
The veteran Akali politician said that BJP will emerge as a single largest party after next General Elections as voters will reject the Congress party.
"Voters of the country will prefer throwing their votes in `khuh` (well) rather than voting for the most discredited Congress party," he claimed.
He also did not see much possibility of emergence of a Third Front.
On being asked if he had approached the JD(U) or other BJP allies in the wake of recent developments within the NDA, he said, "Although I want that all the NDA partners should go along cordially, but I haven`t approached any ally..."
When asked that clouds of disintegration of NDA had started looming large after BJP anointed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as party`s election campaign chief, Badal said "SAD was with BJP solidly and will continue to be so".
He said that neither the BJP nor the SAD has ever interfered in each other`s internal matters, which has further cemented the alliance between the both the parties.
"BJP can make anyone its poll campaign in-charge or project anyone as its prime ministerial candidate. We won`t interfere in their internal matters as they (BJP) have never interfered in our internal matters," he said.
To another query, Badal said, "I have neither met (Bihar Chief Minister) Nitish Kumar nor plan do do so in the wake of his objections to Modi`s elevation. We are with BJP and won`t indulge in any `panga` (trouble) by interfering (in BJP`s internal matters) in this regard."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!