Solve natural gas pricing issue: Karuna to Centre
Chennai: A day after the Union Cabinet approved doubling of natural gas price, DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Saturday urged the Centre to find an alternative way to solve the issue, instead of hiking the prices.
"While the Centre has to take responsibility for hiking the prices of natural gas and petroleum products, I insist that the Centre should come forward to find an alternative without hiking the prices," he said in a statement.
Karunanidhi said the doubling of natural gas price, coupled with hike in petrol rate, could result in an increase in electricity tariff and urea prices.
Finance Minister P Chidambaram has on Friday reasoned that the increasing gas prices followed the sharp dip in production and indicated that the Centre might decide on giving subsidised gas to power and fertiliser units.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker