Somalian, Hyderabadi associate held, `no blast link with arrests`: Bihar police
Motihari: A Somalian and an Indian national, hailing from Hyderabad, were arrested on Saturday while trying to sneak into Nepal through Bihar`s East Champaran district.
During questioning it came to light that the Somalian and his associate had gone to Delhi recently from Hyderabad and from the national capital reached Raxaul by train, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Raxaul, Jitendra Pandey said.
Superintendent of Police of East Champaran district Ganesh Kumar, however, dismissed any link between the arrested and the twin bomb blasts in Hyderabad.
A laptop, a mobile, a camera and driving license made in Hyderabad have been seized from the two.
"During questioning, Immigration officials came to know that the 30-year old Somalian had an affair with a Hyderabad girl," Kumar said.
Preliminary information said that the two had landed in Raxaul by train from New Delhi. The foreign national Abdullah Umran Makran and his associate Mohammad Adam of Hyderabad were apprehended by Immigration officials with the help of Bihar police in Haraiya village, Kumar said.
The Somalian does not have a passport.
A case has been registered against the two with Raxaul police station of the district.
Kumar said the Somalian and his associate staying in Kathmandu had recently illegally entered into East Champaran district in a bid to collect papers for passport preparation and returning to Nepal the same way.
The SP said that an FIR has been registered against the duo and they would be subjected to rigorous questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder