Some Congress leaders plotting to sideline Rahul Gandhi, Sonia: Beni Prasad Verma
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: Known for his superfluous speeches, senior Congress leader Beni Prasad Verma has now alleged that some leaders in the party are trying to sideline the Gandhi family, especially vice president Rahul Gandhi.
According to Verma, some leaders have contact with other political parties.
"Some from within the party are out to sideline the Gandhi family, especially Rahul Gandhi. Those criticising the leadership are from within the party having contact with other political parties," Verma had said here on Monday.
Refusing to take any name, Verma said, "Everyone knows their names and faces. They are the ones who sold tickets in 2012 Assembly Elections, amassed huge wealth while the party was declining in the state and worked against the party in the Lok Sabha elections."
The former Union minister said those who had been praising the Congress vice president earlier are today questioning his leadership abilities after the party`s bad show at the hustings.
"Rahul is the only leader of the country and Congress who can replace Narendra Modi," Verma said, adding that he (Rahul) has deep knowledge of politics, society and economy and is above caste and religion.
Exuding confidence about Congress` return to power, Verma said Rahul would soon take stern measures to revamp the party.
He said the Lok Sabha elections have pushed small and regional parties to the sidelines which proves that national political parties would be the central players.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof