`Some editors not following standards of journalism`
New Delhi: The Editors Guild of India has expressed concern over some well-known editors not following the "best traditions of journalism" as revealed in the Niira Radia tapes.
"Members felt that this had affected the credibility of the media in general, and appealed to all editors to always act in a manner that placed the integrity of media operations above all other considerations," the Editors Guild said in a release here today.
It also announced the unanimous election of T N Ninan of Business Standard as president of the Editors Guild, and the election of Coomi Kapoor of Indian Express as its general secretary and Suresh Bafna of Nai Duniya as treasurer.
They were elected at the annual general body meeting of the Guild on Friday.
Speaking on behalf of the members present, senior journalist Kuldip Nayar thanked the outgoing team of Rajdeep Sardesai, Coomi Kapoor and Rohit Bansal.
It was agreed at the general body meeting that as part of the Guild`s continuing campaign against paid news, the names of Guild members who had signed affidavits to pledge that they would not take part in this pernicious practice would be posted on the Guild`s website from February 1, 2011.
"Members felt that before posting the names on the website, a months grace period should be given to ensure that a 11 members had in fact received the Guild circular for signing the affidavit," the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Ranveer Singh, Varun Dhawan, Arjun Kapoor, Sidharth Malhotra, Shahid Kapoor, Karan Singh Grover – Kisme Kitni ‘ab’ hai
- Coal scam: Court orders framing of charges against Naveen Jindal
- Pyongyang sentences Korean-American for spying
- I don't diet, I'm just genetically blessed: Priyanka Chopra
- Visit NH44 to gorge on some flavoursome dishes from Kashmir to Kanyakumari