"Some hope" to find solution: Khurshid on Lokpal
New Delhi: After two rounds of talks with Team Anna, Government on Wednesday said, there is "some hope" of finding a solution to sticky issues relating to the Lokpal Bill.
"If there have been two meetings in last 24 hours, I cannot say we are stagnant....Some hope must have been there...We are trying to find out possibilities of finding some solution...(and) trying to know what is the difficulty and where," Law Minister Salman Khurshid told reporters here.
Emerging after a meeting with Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, Khurshid said, that the government is "seriously concerned" about Hazare`s health and, hence, making efforts to find some way to ensure that the Gandhian`s health remains fine.
He, at the same time, clarified there has been "no agreement (and) no specific content and no issue has been discussed. Just a sense of it...What are the sticking points that can be removed so that his fast can be broken...That is all we are trying to do."
Khurshid said, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will seek the views of other parties at the all-party meeting about how to go forward on the issue.
The minister said, the talks between the government and the civil society have taken place twice and "there is hope of a communication."
Replying to questions on whether the government has prepared a new draft on the Lokpal Bill, Khurshid replied in negative.
"I want to say clearly that no draft has been prepared but, when we talk, something comes out of it," he said, adding that the government was trying to work out the modalities for the dialogue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read