`Some IIT undergrads even smarter than their professors`
Kharagpur: Praising the talent of young IITians, eminent scientist CNR Rao Saturday said some IIT undergraduates were even smarter than their professors.
"It is very challenging to teach in IIT. Some undergraduate students are smarter than the professors," Rao, who had earlier taught at the IIT, said.
The `Bharat Ratna` awardee was addressing students and teachers at the 60th convocation of IIT, Kharagpur.
Describing IITs as a wonderful garden, he said all kinds of trees, fruits and flowers could be found in the multi-faceted atmosphere of the institute.
He urged students to always think about what they can contribute to the country.
"You also have to keep in mind that today`s technology will not be tomorrow`s technology. Science keeps changing and we must keep abreast of the changing scenario. The younger generation must get used to this," Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi