`Some IIT undergrads even smarter than their professors`
Kharagpur: Praising the talent of young IITians, eminent scientist CNR Rao Saturday said some IIT undergraduates were even smarter than their professors.
"It is very challenging to teach in IIT. Some undergraduate students are smarter than the professors," Rao, who had earlier taught at the IIT, said.
The `Bharat Ratna` awardee was addressing students and teachers at the 60th convocation of IIT, Kharagpur.
Describing IITs as a wonderful garden, he said all kinds of trees, fruits and flowers could be found in the multi-faceted atmosphere of the institute.
He urged students to always think about what they can contribute to the country.
"You also have to keep in mind that today`s technology will not be tomorrow`s technology. Science keeps changing and we must keep abreast of the changing scenario. The younger generation must get used to this," Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police