`Some IIT undergrads even smarter than their professors`
Kharagpur: Praising the talent of young IITians, eminent scientist CNR Rao Saturday said some IIT undergraduates were even smarter than their professors.
"It is very challenging to teach in IIT. Some undergraduate students are smarter than the professors," Rao, who had earlier taught at the IIT, said.
The `Bharat Ratna` awardee was addressing students and teachers at the 60th convocation of IIT, Kharagpur.
Describing IITs as a wonderful garden, he said all kinds of trees, fruits and flowers could be found in the multi-faceted atmosphere of the institute.
He urged students to always think about what they can contribute to the country.
"You also have to keep in mind that today`s technology will not be tomorrow`s technology. Science keeps changing and we must keep abreast of the changing scenario. The younger generation must get used to this," Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users