Some parties are projecting Narendra Modi as "anti-Muslim", says Ramdev
Hyderabad: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Sunday attacked the political parties for projecting Narendra Modi as an "enemy" of Muslims and claimed that under his leadership both majority and minority communities will progress.
"Some political parties, which have been using Muslims as a vote-bank, are trying to confuse the community by projecting him (Modi) as their enemy. These parties are spreading the word that Muslims will face injustice (if Modi becomes the Prime Minister)," Ramdev told reporters without giving names of the parties here.
The Yoga guru, who has extended his conditional support to the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate, said that Modi has leadership qualities and his intention was to develop this country.
"That`s why if Modiji becomes Prime Minister, Muslims will move forward along with their Hindu brethren. Those parties which have been using Muslims as vote-bank will not succeed in their propaganda this time," he said.
Muslims should not be viewed with suspicion. What they need is employment, right to live with honour and dignity and good education and this can happen only if India has better universities than Europe and US, Ramdev said.
"There are opportunities to create 20 crore new jobs in the country. However, for that to happen we need an able administration and a strong leader."
Ramdev said he will conduct a "Yog Mahotsav" (yoga festival) on March 23 which will witness participation of over 10 crore people from across the country. More than 10 lakh people will perform yoga in Delhi along with him.
The mega programme is aimed at mobilising public support for Modi and his party in the upcoming Lok Sabha election, he said.
"Modi agrees with us on the issues of black money, corruption and change in prevailing system. Hence, we are supporting him," the yoga guru maintained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read