Some union ministers against PM under Lokpal
New Delhi: As debate rages on the issue of inclusion of the Prime Minister in the proposed Lokpal bill, a sizable section in the government is against the move, contending it was fraught with "dangerous consequences" for the country.
A Minister, who declined to be identified, said there was
a likelihood of bringing the `C` category employees "in some
form" under the Lokpal.
He said while Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has time and
again said he favoured the inclusion of the Prime Minister,
several ministers have been against bringing the chief
executive post of the country under the purview.
"Implications of bringing the PM under the Lokpal are
much wider and if any charge is made against the PM, it can
destabilise the government the next day. We have to think of
the future", said the minister.
Recommendations of the Standing Committee of Parliament
on Lokpal are likely to come before the union cabinet early
next week and the Bill is expected to come up in the House on
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Revealed! Sanjay Dutt opens up about his comeback plans
- Goa Board 12th HSSC Result 2016: Goaresults.nic.in & Gbshse.gov.in GBSHSE Class 12th HSSC Result 2016 is likely to be declared on May 10, 2016
- Head of All World Gayatri Pariwar Pranav Pandya nominated to Rajya Sabha
- India received $48 billion in remittances in 9 months of last fiscal
- Rajya Sabha accepts Vijay Mallya's fresh resignation