`Somnath Bharti has all the time to fly kites, but not for Delhi Commission for Women`
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Reiterating its call for Delhi`s Law Minister Somnath Bharti to resign, the Delhi BJP member Vijay Goel said that he must step down in wake of spo many allegations against him.
Taking a dig at Law Minister, Goel said that Somnath Bharti had “all the time to fly kites but not appear before the Women Commission”, the ANI reported.
Goel`s comments were in reference to yesterday when Bharti had ignored Delhio Commission for Women`s third notice and instead chose to fly kites at an event organised by the Tourism Ministry.
After he reportedly dodged two earlier summons, Somnath had sent his lawyers before the DCW yesterday but the DCW chairperson Barkha Singh insisted that the minister should appear himself.
Barkha Singh had earlier warned that if Bharti didn`t appear in person at the DCW office, she would write to Lt Gov, seeking an FIR against him over the alleged misbehaviour with Ugandan women during the midnight raid at Khidki Extension.
Meanwhile, Somnath Bharti accused the DCW of being a political organisation, saying that Barkha Singh`s action was politically motivated as “she was a Congress member”.
Also, there were reports that Aam Aadmi Party might remove her as the DCW chief as after the electoral drubbing all Congress representatives must leave their posts, the party stated.
Reacting to Somnath Bharti`s allegations, Bharti denied any political link, saying that the DCW acted against any complaint registered with it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands