Somnath Chatterjee`s health stable
Kolkata: The health of former Lok Sabha speaker Somnath Chatterjee admitted to a private hospital after suffering a cerebral stroke was stable, a doctor said Wednesday.
"His condition is stable and it is improving. We tested him for brain infection and the results came out as negative but he is not fully conscious," attending doctor Subir Mondal told IANS.
Chatterjee was hospitalised Sunday evening after he complained of restlessness.
This is the second time in the last six months that the 84-year-old has been hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams' camera zooms in on alluring views of these two places! - See pics
- Nico Rosberg surprised to see teammate Lewis Hamilton finishing 3rd in Belgian GP
- See pic: Cassini captures delicate glow on Saturn's ring!
- Mamata urges people to oppose strike, government warns absentees of action
- India, Myanmar agree to increase bilateral cooperation