Somnath Chatterjee`s health stable
Kolkata: The health of former Lok Sabha speaker Somnath Chatterjee admitted to a private hospital after suffering a cerebral stroke was stable, a doctor said Wednesday.
"His condition is stable and it is improving. We tested him for brain infection and the results came out as negative but he is not fully conscious," attending doctor Subir Mondal told IANS.
Chatterjee was hospitalised Sunday evening after he complained of restlessness.
This is the second time in the last six months that the 84-year-old has been hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report