Somnath`s return not an issue before CPI-M: Karat
Patna: CPI-M general secretary Prakash Karat on Thursday said the return of former Lok Sabha speaker Somnath Chatterjee to the party was "not an issue" before the party.
"Somnath`s return to CPI-M is not an issue before the party at present," Karat replied cryptically to a newsman`s query here.
After the CPI (M) withdrew support to the UPA-I in mid-2008, Chatterjee ignored party`s instructions and decided to stay on in his post during the confidence vote following which the government survived.
The CPI (M) then expelled him for violation of party discipline.
Chatterjee had described his expulsion as the "saddest day of my life."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?