Somnath`s return not an issue before CPI-M: Karat
Patna: CPI-M general secretary Prakash Karat on Thursday said the return of former Lok Sabha speaker Somnath Chatterjee to the party was "not an issue" before the party.
"Somnath`s return to CPI-M is not an issue before the party at present," Karat replied cryptically to a newsman`s query here.
After the CPI (M) withdrew support to the UPA-I in mid-2008, Chatterjee ignored party`s instructions and decided to stay on in his post during the confidence vote following which the government survived.
The CPI (M) then expelled him for violation of party discipline.
Chatterjee had described his expulsion as the "saddest day of my life."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!