Son Tejaswi a year away from eligibility for LS polls: Lalu
Ranchi: Lalu Prasad Yadav, who lost his Saran Lok Sabha seat following his conviction in a fodder scam case, Tuesday, said the party would decide whom to nominate for the vacant seat.
"Tejaswi is not eligible for 2014 Lok Sabha elections as he will turn 25 in November 25 next year," Lalu said when asked whether his son could be fielded.
"The party will meet and decide on the candidature," added Lalu, who was released on bail yesterday after a special CBI court convicted and sentenced him to five years RI in a fodder scam case on September 30 and October 3, respectively.
Tejaswi was present when Lalu was taking questions from the media this morning at the state guest house here.
On the performance of Hemant Soren-led state government, Prasad said it has done "commendably" in the short time.
The RJD is supporting the JMM-led alliance government that was formed in the state on July 13 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets