Sonawane murder: Nine accused in police custody
Nashik: Nine of the 11 persons arrested
for the murder of Additional District Collector Yashwant
Sonawane and booked under the stringent MCOCA were on Monday remanded in police custody till February 17 by a court here.
They were produced before Assistant Sessions and
District Judge MS Jawalkar, who presided over the special
The nine accused were booked under the Maharashtra
Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) on Friday.
Sonawane was burnt alive by suspected members of the
oil mafia near Manmad, north Maharashtra, on January 25.
Eleven persons were arrested for the murder. Popat
Shinde, the main accused, died of burn injuries and cardiac
arrest at Mumbai`s JJ Hospital on January 31. Shinde suffered
burn injuries when Sonawane held on to him after being set
Shinde`s minor son, Kunal, was also arrested and sent
to a remand home.
Those arrested and facing MCOCA charges are: Rajendra
Shirsat, Machhindra alias Kachru Suradkar, Sitaram Bhalerao,
Deepak Borse, Vikas alias Vicky Shinde, Tousif Shaikh, Ajay
Sonawane, Kakim Khan Rajjani and Imran Khan.
Four other accused, including a Police Constable - who
were also booked under MCOCA - are absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?
- After Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Laurent Blanc too leaves Paris Saint-Germain: Report
- Global warnings on Brexit consequences
- Reasons you should be eating more broccoli!