Sonawane`s kin demands CBI inquiry
Mumbai: Brother-in-law of Additional
Collector Yashwant Sonawane, killed by oil mafia in Nashik
district on Tuesday, has demanded a CBI inquiry into the
"Sonawane`s personal assistant (PA) as well as the
driver was there when the incident occurred. It is surprising
that only he was targeted," Anand Dani, brother-in-law of the
slain Maharashtra civil service officer, said.
Mobile phone records of Sonawane should be checked and
the probe should be handed over to CBI, Dani said.
Meanwhile, Leader of Opposition in Legislative
Assembly, Eknath Khadse, held Food and Civil Supplies
department responsible for the incident.
"Two months ago Food and civil supplies Minister Anil
Deshmukh carried out the farce of conducting raids (on oil
mafia)," Khadse said.
Republican Party of India leader and former MP Prakash
Ambedkar also demanded a CBI inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar