Sonawane`s kin demands CBI inquiry
Mumbai: Brother-in-law of Additional
Collector Yashwant Sonawane, killed by oil mafia in Nashik
district on Tuesday, has demanded a CBI inquiry into the
"Sonawane`s personal assistant (PA) as well as the
driver was there when the incident occurred. It is surprising
that only he was targeted," Anand Dani, brother-in-law of the
slain Maharashtra civil service officer, said.
Mobile phone records of Sonawane should be checked and
the probe should be handed over to CBI, Dani said.
Meanwhile, Leader of Opposition in Legislative
Assembly, Eknath Khadse, held Food and Civil Supplies
department responsible for the incident.
"Two months ago Food and civil supplies Minister Anil
Deshmukh carried out the farce of conducting raids (on oil
mafia)," Khadse said.
Republican Party of India leader and former MP Prakash
Ambedkar also demanded a CBI inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan