Sonawane`s kin demands CBI inquiry
Mumbai: Brother-in-law of Additional
Collector Yashwant Sonawane, killed by oil mafia in Nashik
district on Tuesday, has demanded a CBI inquiry into the
"Sonawane`s personal assistant (PA) as well as the
driver was there when the incident occurred. It is surprising
that only he was targeted," Anand Dani, brother-in-law of the
slain Maharashtra civil service officer, said.
Mobile phone records of Sonawane should be checked and
the probe should be handed over to CBI, Dani said.
Meanwhile, Leader of Opposition in Legislative
Assembly, Eknath Khadse, held Food and Civil Supplies
department responsible for the incident.
"Two months ago Food and civil supplies Minister Anil
Deshmukh carried out the farce of conducting raids (on oil
mafia)," Khadse said.
Republican Party of India leader and former MP Prakash
Ambedkar also demanded a CBI inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!