Song composed for Advani’s yatra released
New Delhi: Slamming the UPA government on the
black money issue, senior BJP leader LK Advani on Sunday said his
upcoming anti-corruption yatra will mainly focus on illegal
funds stashed abroad by Indians and the urgent need to bring
it back home.
Advani also demanded that names of some people who have
got money in foreign shores and which is in the know of the
government should be made public without any delay.
The former deputy prime minister will go lyrical on black
money issue since a jazy song composed specially for the yatra
opens with him reciting a line-- "Thousands of crores of
nation`s money in foreign banks". He will kick off the `Jan
Chetna Yatra` on Tuesday.
The audio of the four-and-a-half minute long jazzy song
sung by Bollywood singer Raja Hasan and directed by film maker
Mani Shankar was released at his residence. The number ends
with Advani reciting a line to eradicate corruption.
"Though I will raise the issue of rampant corruption,
price rise and extreme poverty that exists in the country
during my Jan Chetna Yatra, issue of black money stashed away
abroad will figure most prominently," he said.
Advani was addressing a gathering of people from the
rural areas of Delhi at his residence.
"For the last so many years, I have been saying that huge
sums of Indian money has been stashed away abroad in foreign
banks, especially in Switzerland," Advani said.
Congress made light of Advani`s focus on the black money
issue and asked him to mention one concrete step which the
BJP-led NDA government had taken in this matter from 1998 to
On the contrary, Congress spokesman Abhishek Singhvi said
he is in a position to give at least 20 "concrete, useful,
productive steps" already implemented by the UPA government
which are showing results as far as black money is concerned.
He recalled that during the erstwhile NDA government, the
issue was taken up with the Swiss authorities but the latter
expressed their inability to return the money or share
information due to their banking secrecy laws.
"Prime Minister Manmohan Singh did nothing despite the
letter I wrote to him in 2009 on black money. Swiss banks are
returning money to US so why not India?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot