Soni, Pawar cross swords over media coverage of WC
New Delhi: An open fight broke out in the Cabinet meeting, on Thursday, between Union Information & Broadcasting minister Ambika Soni and ICC chief cum Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar over withdrawal of media accreditation for the final of the cricket World Cup in Mumbai.
Sources told Zee News that an angry Soni told Pawar that she had the power to restore accreditation under the Constitution and what he was doing was not right.
She added. ``It is your home ground, your President and Sachin; this is not the occasion to do this.``
As the Prime Minister, Dr Manmohan Singh, kept mum Praful Patel from the NCP told Soni: ``Doordarshan is allowed, why are you fighting for foreign channels?``
An angry Soni retorted, ``I am not just a minister for Doordarshan and there are no foreign channels.``
Soni pleaded with Pawar, but he was adamant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?